I raved a little while ago about how much I like making soup, and I included a recipe for a simple artichoke soup.
This soup is still simple, but it comes from the opposite end of the spectrum. Basically it’s just a really hearty soup made from what I happened to have lying around the house. The soup contains:
1. Onions, garlic, and carrots – sauteed in olive oil before adding the
2. Chicken stock – could easily be veggie. I boiled this and then added
3. Pasta – a great way to make soup feel more like a meal. I used little O-shaped ones, but any bite-size pasta is good. Spaghetti, not so much. You can also use any kind of grain such as rice, barley, quinoa, etc. Time the cooking accordingly.
4. Kale – a really healthy green, but a tough one. Boiling makes it a lot more manageable.
5. Egg – stirred in at the last minute, egg adds a little more substance. Feel free to omit.
This is probably the last soup of the season, as it’s already getting hot, but I wanted to throw it up here to demonstrate how to make a quick meal by just boiling some stuff. The above stuff is just meant to serve as an example. You are the decider: Feel free to choose your own stuff.